Virgin Mary breastfeeding Jesus

Virgin Mary breastfeeding Jesus
Nursing Madonna (wikimedia commons)

Friday, January 3, 2014

Paris

I have been meaning to write this post for a few months now.  In September, I was blessed to be able to take a trip to Paris (and London) with my husband and toddler daughter.  My daughter is still nursing, so I wanted to take her with us.  My children's grandparents and their great-aunt watched our sons while we went on our international voyage. 

One of the fabulous places we visited while in Paris was the Louvre:


 I had my husband take a picture of every painting we saw that portrayed Mary nursing Jesus or a mother nursing her baby.  I guess you could say anything related to breastfeeding is my passion.  Here are a few that we saw:
















Here is my daughter nursing.  I am wearing my authentic Parisian scarf:


We also visited the Chapel of the Miraculous Medal.  My daughter and I walked 2 miles down the streets of Paris to find it; it was worth it.  I considered it our pilgrimage:










And no trip to Paris would be complete without a visit to the Eiffel Tower:


Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment