A New Breastfeeding Mother's New Year's Resolutions

1.  I will rest when baby is sleeping.
2.  I will drink to thirst.
3.  I will eat when I am hungry and try to eat healthfully.  However, I realize that a perfect diet is not necessary for me to breastfeed my baby.
4.  If a friend offers to make me a meal or to wash and dry some laundry for me, I will say "YES!"
5.  I will let many of the non-urgent household chores go for a while and just work on on or two manageable jobs each day.
6.  If I need breastfeeding help, I will call a volunteer breastfeeding counselor or lactation consultant right away.  She will be happy to help me.
7.  I will watch my baby, not the clock in terms of how often to nurse her.
8.  I will listen to my mothering instincts and remember that I am the expert on my baby.
9.  I will join the CNMLchat yahoo group for friendship, encouragement and spiritual support from other like minded Catholic nursing mothers.
10.  I will email gina@catholicbreastfeeding.org for a new mother goodie bag.
11.  I will peruse the CNML website for ideas about nursing in church, what the seven standards of ecological breastfeeding are, and internet links about cosleeping, the Holy Family Institute, NFP while nursing, La Leche League, and the Our Lady of La Leche shrine.
12.  Last, but not least, I will enjoy my baby :)

Comments