CNML at the New Mexico Breastfeeding Taskforce Conference


Today CNML was an exhibitor at the New Mexico Breastfeeding Taskforce Conference.  CNML was a real hit! All the Our Lady of La Leche medals and one decade rosaries were taken, and I also gave away three copies of each of Sheila Kippley's three breastfeeding books.

A college student took some CNML brochures for her Newman center.  At least one La Leche League Leader took a medal, holy card and brochure, and she even took some items for her friends.  A staff person from the archdiocese (whom I had never met previously) told me how proud she was of my having a table at this conference, because I had the only faith related table.  I told her how quickly my items disappeared, and she said that people are hungry for God.  New Mexico is a relatively Catholic state.  Even though everyone present was there for the breastfeeding presentations, they all gravitated to the CNML table.  Today's response was much different from last summer's Catholic homeschool conference where very few women took items.  Who knew that CNML would be a bigger success at a secular event than a Catholic one!

Comments