New Mexico Breastfeeding Taskforce Conference 2015

Just a week and a half ago, CNML had a table at the NM Breastfeeding Taskforce Conference in sunny Albuquerque, New Mexico.  It is always exciting to be around so many people who are as passionate about breastfeeding as I am! 

Some of the same people who were enthusiastic about my table last year came back to say "hi."  It seemed like I did give away fewer Our Lady of La Leche medals this year, but I believe around 15 people took one decade mothers' rosaries.  One sweet lady purchased a few copies of Breastfeeding and Catholic Motherhood to give to friends.  Two or three people also took copies of Fr. Virtue's dissertation chapter on breastfeeding.  Alas, no one bought any copies of Getting Started with Breastfeeding: For Catholic Mothers, but I did sell four infinity scarf nursing covers.  I guess seamstresses make more money than Catholic authors!  Although no one agreed to start a CNML group in Albuquerque, one woman did offer to assist anyone who was interested in starting one. 

If I encouraged one person to spend a few more minutes in prayer each day or to contemplate Jesus' love shown through the beauty of breastfeeding, CNML's presence there was a success!

Comments