If You Feel Lonely Practicing Ecological Breastfeeding


(U.S. Breastfeeding Committee)



Recently I was with a group of moms and the topic of breastfeeding and the return of fertility came up. I was happy for the opportunity to share the good news that breastfeeding does space babies. The other moms mentioned how soon their cycles came back. Most of the moms had  experienced a fairly early return of their cycles. I decided to share when my cycles came back, and the other moms could not believe I didn’t have cycles for so long. We didn’t discuss the topic for too much longer, but I sure felt like an odd duckling. 

Maybe you feel this way, too? Maybe the other moms you see at church follow a much different breastfeeding and parenting style and you practice ecological breastfeeding? I want you to know that you are not alone! CNML supports all nursing moms but we have a special place in our hearts for those practicing ecological breastfeeding. There are quite a few posts on the subject on the CNML website. This page, in particular, lists quite a several articles and resources on the topic. We sometimes discuss ecological breastfeeding in our main Facebook group, but we also have a Facebook group devoted solely to ecological breastfeeding. It has been a little quiet lately, but we would love it if you would join the group and help get the conversation going again! Also, there are a few moms who practice ecological breastfeeding and attend our monthly online meeting. I bet they would love to chat with you and help you feel less alone. If you tend to find support in books (I am raising my hand!), we would love to mail out a book as a gift for you to enjoy.


Written By Gina Peterson


Do you ever feel alone in the way you breastfeed or parent? What has helped you feel more supported? Please respond in the comments. Thank you! 

Comments