Why CNML is Not Just a Breastfeeding Organization but a Breastfeeding MINISTRY


I received the above “junk mail” postcard many years ago from some company wanting to sell me something. I decided to keep it to use as a decoration for my CNML table when I go to in person conferences or ministry fairs. Kinda pretty for junk mail, don’t you think?

Lately a lot of online writers (aka bloggers) have switched over to Substack and require membership fees to read of some of their posts. I do understand why they have done this! They feel their writing is valuable and helps a lot of people and maybe they are even trying to help support their families with their online writing. Some of these writers have small children at home, so it is wonderful they are able to nurse their babies, stay home with their little ones and earn an income! I also understand why other breastfeeding organizations need an income stream in order to keep helping nursing moms! They have bills to pay.

However, I love the fact that the Catholic Nursing Mothers League is able to do all of the above completely through donations from our generous financial supporters and the wonderful women who help lead the online support group meeting for Catholic breastfeeding moms! Although CNML is an incorporated organization (and registered charity and has 501(c) status), it is my heart work! I love the fact that I can gift nursing moms with evidence based breastfeeding information, personalized breastfeeding help, inspirational stories, and gift packages galore! CNML started out very small and it took some time for activity to pick up, but now there is always something happening with CNML! 

The many years I nursed my children are some of my most treasured memories! Helping other moms nurse their children is also something I love to do and is probably the next best thing to actually nursing my own children! I also love that I can incorporate my faith into this ministry. I do not always have the answers, but I do my best to try to find out the answers for the moms who come to CNML for support, help and encouragement. Also I wanted to mention that there are a few ladies waiting on prayer shawls. So sorry for the delay! I will keep working on those and get them to you as soon as I can. Thanks for understanding! 

What else can I do to minister to you? Please let me know! You can send an email to me at catholicbreastfeeding@yahoo.com or leave a comment below. Also, if you have any prayer intentions you would like me to add anonymously to the CNML Facebook group, you can email those to me, too.


Written by Gina Peterson


Are there certain topics you would like to read about? Or other ways CNML can minister to you? Please respond in the comments. Thank you for your feedback!


Comments