Chronicles of a Catholic Nursing Mother -Week 11




My youngest had the most terrible case of the flu this past week. We were so worried about him. He is such a little kid, even for his age. He went on anti-vomiting medication, and he just slept and slept. He wasn't interested in playing or eating much or even moving. He went down to nursing only once every other day. Then on Friday, the vomiting started again and I took him into the doctor. The doctor tried to start an IV on him in her office but he was too dehydrated. She didn't want to keep trying and causing him more pain so she suggested just really pushing the electrolyte drinks. On the way home from her office, I kept praying for him, asking God to make him better. That night he made a complete turn around. By the next day, he was eating, playing, WALKING! It was almost miraculous! I am so thankful to our loving God for curing him. Today I went for my first ultrasound. I have to say that I was sort of nervous, because a lot of people have been suggesting that maybe I might have twins this time. I am still getting used to the idea of one baby, but two - that would be something. Well, I am having only one baby. It did my heart good to see the baby on the screen and to see his or her little arms moving. Tomorrow I leave for a week trip with my youngest to see family and to go on the Holy Family Institute retreat. I am very much looking forward to it. The Holy Family Institute is a Pauline institute of consecrated secular life, approved by the Vatican, solely for married and widowed couples. It has been such a blessing in my life.

Written by Gina Peterson

Comments