For the Mom Who Wonders if She is Doing Enough




I am writing this for myself and for all the other moms who wonder if they are doing enough during the pandemic.

Everyday I scroll through my Facebook feed and see people in my community offering to pick up and deliver groceries to those who cannot afford to buy needed food or to those who shouldn’t be going out due to age or their health.  I also see others furiously sewing face masks to mail to hospitals.  I see others hearing someone is sick and offering to help in any way they can.  I, of course, am very proud of the way my community and many communities around the country are pulling together!

Then the thought popped into my head...should I be sewing face masks or delivering groceries to people or arranging gift cards for nurses and grocery store employees ?  I asked my husband what he thought, and he reminded me about how many things I have on my plate....homeschooling, housework, cooking, etc.

Maybe you are in the same boat as me?  Maybe your kids go to school, but now they are all home and you are trying to keep them happy and healthy in addition to cleaning and maybe even helping your husband with your family business and you are exhausted at the end of the day?  Maybe you have a new baby you are nursing all day and night, and you are barely get enough sleep to function?

Remember that your first ministry is to your family!  If you have extra time to help your community and you feel called to do it, please do help!  However, if you are a mom of one or many and taking care of your family takes up most of your time (remember rest, good nutrition, drinking enough water, prayer, and some downtime are necessary elements of mom life, too!) and/or you are a nursing mom, know that you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing right now and it is enough!

Comments