The Comfort of Breastfeeding During Uncertain Times by Andrea Nease

Emergency situations are not something I think about daily. I may have times where I plan ahead for certain things, but don’t focus my attention too much on “what if’s”. I generally just continue going about my daily business. 

In light of the recent worldwide pandemic, I’m so blessed that breastfeeding allows me the freedom to not worry about the formula shelf in the grocery store going empty as people stock up on necessities. I am thankful breastfeeding has helped provide the ideal nourishment for my babies and played a role in the development of their immune system. 

Following the tenets of ecological breastfeeding and recognizing the importance of my full time presence to my young children means our lives have not been disrupted in any significant way, as staying home with my children has been our norm for more than a decade. 

If you’re one of the other mothers in the same boat, please take a moment today to thank God for His design in breastfeeding and the invaluable time you’ve had with your family thus far. Also offer prayers for others who are struggling with this situation and ask how you can be charitable to others who may need assistance. 

This may even be an opportunity to counsel and encourage mothers who may have been on the fence about breastfeeding, staying home with young children, homeschooling, or who were working towards that goal. 

Written by Andrea Nease

Comments