Breastfeeding and Motherhood as a Ministry





Breastfeeding and mothering are wonderful gifts that you give to your family.  All those precious drops of “liquid gold,” all those moments of nursing and cuddling your baby, all those wonderful books you read to your child, all those hundreds of meals you cook for your family, and all those bedtime prayers that you share with your child are your ministry to them.  Those activities nourish their bodies, minds, and souls.  I know to the world you may not seem like you are doing anything significant, but in God’s eyes and in the eyes of your family, you are doing life-giving, important, holy work!  And I want to add that if your primary occupation is breastfeeding, mothering and homemaking, rest assured that your role is honorable and valuable!

(If you need any suggestions for encouraging books about mothering, please send me a message and I will email you a list of my favorites!)

Comments